Traditional Thai Massage
Traditional Thai Massage is a Therapeutic clothed bodywork combining Applied Yoga Moves and Acupressure Massage which can increase Energy, Flexibility and Relaxation. This unique kind of Oriental Bodywork is a Combination of Thai & Chinese Techniques that work on the energy lines throughout the body known as Sen Lines in Thai which are similar to the Chinese Meridians.
There is a vast array of techniques used including gentle muscle stretching similar to applied yoga, which is energising, thumbing similar to acupressure, which is stimulating. Patterns of gentle rocking and rhythmic palm pressure ease the body into a deeply relaxed state. By pressing various points along the sen lines, it stimulates and restores the flow of energy around the body creating harmony between body, mind and spirit.
Thai Massage is performed with the client wearing loose clothing and laying down on a futon or mattress. It is a very thorough treatment treating the whole body lasting for 1 - 2 hours, the latter being more thorough and being able to address more specific problems. There are a rang of techniques suitable and appropriate for each client and the practitioner is able to choose and adapt various treatments to suite each individual.
Benefits of Thai Massage
- Increases flexibility
- Improves posture and realigns the body
- Relieves aches and pains
- Releases physical tension and soothes the nervous system
- Deeply relaxing and induces a feeling of calmness
- Releases points of tension in the body which block the flow of energy
- Stimulates and balances the organs and the immune system
- Accelerates the disposal of Toxins & Maintains a healthy Body
- Harmonises physical, emotional well being restoring inner balance